At Fable, we are absolutely heartbroken and saddened at the continued unfair and unjust treatment of the black community.
While we are a small business with a small platform, we absolutely want to use that platform to stand in solidarity against racism, oppression, violence and injustice. Now is the time to take action.
While we don't believe companies should use social issues as opportunities for self-promotion, we are absolutely participating in this movement with our voices and our wallets and are happy to answer any questions you have about the actions we are taking. Just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including where and what we are donating.
We refuse to sit back and watch or stay silent.
Below is a list of resources that may be helpful.
Places to Donate
- Black Lives Matter
- Black Visions Collective
- Black Women’s Blueprint
- The Okra Project
- Fair Fight
- Marsha P Johnson Institute
- Equal Justice Initiative
- Innocence Project
- Antiracist Research and Policy Center
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- National Bailout
- Anti-Racism Project
- North Star Health
- The Bail Project
- Showing Up for Racial Justice
- We the Protesters
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- White Rage by Carol Anderson, Ph.D.
- Women, Race, and Class by Angela Y Davis.
- How to Be Less Stupid About Race by Crystal M. Fleming
- When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir by Patrisse Khan-Cullors & Asha Bandele
More general resources: