The Puffin™ Game
The Puffin™ Game helps treat anxiety and boredom by providing interactive entertainment for up to thirty minutes. Our patented design mimics the experience of hunting prey and holds over 1.5 cups of dry food, so dogs can eat an entire meal as nature intended, while also providing physical and mental stimulation.
- Dishwasher safe
- This product is not intended for chewing
- Every dog plays differently so it’s always best to keep a close watch on your pup, particularly the first time they are introduced to a new product. Supervised play will help the Puffin™ Game last longer and, most crucially, keep your pet safe. No dog product is truly indestructible, so it's essential to remove the Puffin™ Game from playtime if pieces begin to break off.
- We recommend using the lowest complexity setting (rotate the inner aperture so the largest hole is facing outwards), smaller snacks, and a high-reward treat like peanut butter on the top fins to entice your pup to engage for the first several sessions.
- "The Puffin™ Game puzzle toy and food dispenser is an interactive device that reduces boredom and anxiety, entertains, and encourages dogs to eat more slowly" - Dr. Mark D. Freeman, Clinical Assistant Professor at Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
- Dimensions: 6.25" tall x 4.75" diameter
- Food size: suitable for most sizes of kibble. Treats and food ~3⁄4” diameter recommended.
- Capacity: holds 1.5 cups
The Puffin said yes to the game because he thought it would be fun, something they could all enjoy. But after getting knocked over the tenth time, the Puffin realized that the game had a clear winner — and it wasn’t him.
Holds 1.5 cups of kibble as interactive way to feed an entire meal.
Top fins for spreadable treats like peanut butter
Weighted base creates irregular motion to activate prey drive.
Multiple complexity settings to keep dogs entertained for up to 30 minutes.
Designed to mimic the experience of hunting prey so dogs can eat an entire meal as nature intended.
Silicone exterior for quieter play.
Frequently asked questionsSee all FAQs
The Puffin™ Game is suitable for most sizes of kibble. Smaller snacks will be easier and larger sizes will be more challenging. We recommend food and treats ~3⁄4 of an inch in diameter. The top fins also accommodate spreadable treats (like peanut butter).
The Puffin™ Game comes in one size and is suitable for most dog sizes. Its dimensions are: 6.25” tall x 4.75” diameter. It weighs 2.2 lbs.
You can adjust the complexity setting (and increase the time it takes your dog to get all of the food out of The Puffin™ Game) by unscrewing the top and rotating in the inner aperture to a smaller hole.
Yes! The material is made of FDA food-approved, strong silicone that is BPA-free.
Absolutely. You can unscrew the top and wash the interior components by hand or place them on the top rack of a dishwasher on a low-heat setting.
We recommend using the lowest complexity setting (rotate the inner aperture so the largest hole is facing outwards) and then putting a high-reward treat like peanut butter on the top fins to entice them to engage for the first several sessions.
The Puffin™ Game holds between 1.5-2 cups of food, depending on the size of the kibble.
This toy is made of a high strength silicone and is resistant to chewing (though it is not intended as a chew toy); however every dog plays differently and power chewers might bite through the exterior or break off small pieces. It is always best to keep a close watch on your dog just in case.
- Alexandra S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productDog's Age Range 1-4 years oldDog's Weight 20-40 lbsRated 5 out of 5 starsYesterdayLove love love!
Honestly love everything about this toy. It’s aesthetically pleasing unlike the last wobble toy we had. It can easily be take apart and cleaned after use. I also love how it has multiple levels of difficulty to get food out. Moose is a master with these toys but it took him a good amount of time to get all the food out of this one even on level 2. Very happy!
- Diane T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productDog's Age Range Less than 1 year oldDog's Weight 40-80 lbsRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoHe loves it!
Omg he absolutely loves it and looks for it at meal time! Keeping him busy and challenging him and it’s like playing when he’s eating at the same time,
- Lindsey M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productDog's Age Range Less than 1 year oldDog's Weight Less than 10 lbsRated 5 out of 5 stars4 weeks agoHe loves it!
He gets pretty vocal about it! He’s a little guy, 4.5 pounds at about 15 weeks, but he’s definitely learning how it works. It keeps him on his toes!
- Gabrielle T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productDog's Age Range 1-4 years oldDog's Weight 40-80 lbsRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoWinston’s new favorite game!
Our puppy Winston loves the puffin! It keeps him engaged for a solid 30-45 minutes, which is rare for him. The constant movement of the toy keeps him on his toes and active.
- Danae W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productDog's Age Range 1-4 years oldDog's Weight 40-80 lbsRated 4 out of 5 stars1 month agoBest puzzle feeder!
I had a fable feeder previously and it is by far the best way I have found to feed my dogs. It keeps them engaged. I love that there are different levels for those dogs that master it. I do wish the cup was just slightly bigger to hold 1.5cups without smashing kibble and “locking” them up so they dont escape well. It would also be great to have some sort of locking mechanism. Somehow my dogs can get it unscrewed after nudging it along long enough.